Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Multi-Modal Project: The Road Not Taken

MULTI-MODAL PROJECT:

1.     The directions for our multi-modal project were to take a piece of traditional literature, and create a non-discursive piece. I chose to make a video, that included music, on imovie - which is available on imac computers. I put the words to images and music, and pieced it altogether to create a movie. I chose Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken," and it allowed my imagination to work and be as creative as I wanted to be. I used a lot of 'woodsy' and forest pictures to express what the words were saying. I also did a short analysis of the poem - which would be more of a traditional piece of an English project, and I really enjoyed having both elements. I got to really pick out lines from the poem and think about them, and then chose images that I thought related perfectly to what was being said. This allowed all parts of my brain to get involved with the project.

2.     The teaching standard that fits best with this project would be encouraging students to customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources. After being introduced to tons of new technology and websites that work with the technology hand in hand, we got to pick what we wanted to use and make it our own. Although we were given a specific project to do, we were given ample room to make it our own and do what we want. It is obvious that every student learns differently, and also every student has a different style. This project was directed at these facts.

3.     It is important to carry out this standard in the classroom because these facts will always stay true - that every student will learn different and every student will have a different personality and style. Letting students express themselves gets them engaged in the classroom and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment